West Lutheran HIGH SCHOOL
BURGER KING SCHOLARS PROGRAM DEADLINE: 12/15
- Scholarship grants range from $1,000 to $50,000
- Applicants are citizens of the U.S., seniors who are applying as full-time freshman to a four year college or university, have at least a 3.3 GPA and an ACT score of 25 or higher
- Selection criteria includes academic achievements, participation in school and community activities, length of employment, work experience and financial information
- Apply at https://www.scholarsapply.org/burgerkingscholars/
FINAL FANTASY FAN SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 12/15
- $1000 scholarship for seniors.
- Submit an essay answering why final fantasy has made you a better student in 5 paragraphs or less
- Apply here: https://www.finalfantasyxvapp.com/scholarship
OPEN WATER SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 12/31
- • One $1,500 scholarship will be awarded
- • Applicants must be permanent residents of the United States, and have a minimum 3.3 GPA and a minimum 24 ACT score
- • Respond to this prompt: How do you envision your field of study fitting into the future?
- • Apply at https://scholarships360.org/open-water-scholarship/
$3,000 ZIP RECRUITER SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 12/31
- • Applicants are legal residents of the United States, 18 years or older and enrolled in a high school, college or university
- • Write a 500-800 word essay that addresses two prompts: describe a job you previously held or hold, and describe your ideal post-graduate job
- • Apply at https://scholarships360.org/3000-ziprecruiter-scholarship-challenge/.
ADVERTISEMINT FACEBOOK SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 12/31
- • $2,500 scholarship: $1,000 Scholarship, $1,000 in free Facebook advertising credits, $500 free Facebook Agency Services
- • Applicants are ages 18 – 25
- • Submit a video pitch for a company you would like to start
- • For details and to apply go to https://scholarships360.org/advertisemint-facebook-scholarship/.
COOK SOMETHING SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 12/31
- A $500 scholarship will be awarded
- Eligible applicants are high school students living in the United States, who are planning to enroll in a food-related program in the 2019 school year
- Apply by completing the on-line application, submitting your transcript, a photo of a food you like to prepare, and a 30 – 60 second video where you show your passion for cooking and why you want to go into a food-related field
- Apply at https://www.macheesmo.com/cook-something-rules/
GE-REAGAN FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM DEADLINE: 1/4/18
- 20 scholarships of $10,000 renewable for four years and ongoing leadership development support
- Applicants excel in leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship, and have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Additionally, applicants must be citizens of the United States and plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at four year college or university
- to apply go to https://scholarships360.org/2018-ge-reaganfoundation-scholarship-program/
DRIVE SMART TEEN DIGITAL SHORT CONTEST DEADLINE: 1/6/18
- One grand prize winner will receive a scholarship in the amount of $10,000,
- The entry must be a Digital Short in the form of a video that is between 15 seconds and no longer than 30 seconds in length, that is created to convince other teens of the dangers of distracted driving and the importance of not texting while The Idea/Entry must have been conceived by the entrant and be the sole and original work of the entrant
- Apply at https://scholarships360.org/drive-smart-teen-digital-short-contest/
ASIAN & PACIFIC ISLANDER AMERICAN SCHOLARSHIP FUND DEADLINE: 1/10
- Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards.
- APIASF provides scholarships to underserved AAPI students with a special focus on those who, live at or below the poverty level, or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status; are first in their families to attend college; are representative of the AAPI community’s diversity, geographically and ethnically;
- have placed a strong emphasis on community service and leadership as well as solid academic achievement.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.7
- to apply go to www.apiasf.org/scholarship_apiasf.html
SAINT THERESE SENIOR CARE SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 1/11
- Two $2,000 scholarships will be awarded Applicants are between the ages of 15 to 18 who have volunteered at least 20 hours with a senior citizen
- Eligible applicants have spent time impacting the lives of seniors (relative or non-relative) in a care center or within one's community - volunteer hours may be spent the following ways: one-on-one visits, doing household chores, raking leaves, shoveling snow, grocery shopping, etc.
- To apply go to https://www.sttheresemn.org/volunteer/youth-volunteer-scholarship/
GETFREEWRITE.COM $500 SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 1/15
- Applicants must be 18 years or older and legal residents of the United States
- Write a 300 word essay on what literary success looks like to you as an aspiring writer and how you plan to use your studies to achieve success.
- Essays should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF file, along with your full name, address, phone number, school name, and date of birth
TECHNOLOGY ADDICTION AWARENESS SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 1/30
- • A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded
- • Applicants are in grades 9 – 12
- • For application information go to https://scholarships360.org/technology-addiction-awareness/.
COLLEGE COVERED SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 1/31
- $10,000 Scholarship.
- Just fill out the application.
- No essay.
- 11 students will be randomly selected
- To apply go to https://scholarship.collegecovered.com/?acmpgn=E_EAW_CSEM_BM_X_BMHS2
TALL CLUBS INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 2/1
- A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded
- Applicants must be under the age of 21, about to enter their first year of higher education and meet the minimum height requirements for membership in Tall Clubs International: 5’10” for women, 6’2” for men
- You may ask for an application directly at email@example.com. Please include your name, email, city, and state in your inquiry.
SWEET AND SIMPLE SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 2/14
- A $500 scholarship will be awarded
- Applicants are 13 years old or older, and are legal residents of the United States.
- Submit an online written response to the question: “Not every gift has to be expensive or extravagant. In fact, sometimes it’s the sweet and simple things that make a real difference in our lives. Think back and tell us about something you received as a gift and why it meant so much to you.”
- Apply at https://scholarships360.org/sweet-and-simple-scholarship/
WE THE STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIPS DEADLINE 2/14
- Multiple awards 1 -$5,000, 6-$1,250, 8-$500)
- Answer the question: What are the essential qualities of a citizen in your community in 21st century America?
- Apply at: https://billofrightsinstitute.org/engage/students-programs-events/scholarship/
MINNESOTA MASONIC CHARITIES SCHOLARSHIPS DEADLINE: 2/15
- Numerous renewable scholarships will be awarded ranging from $1,000 - $5,000
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent legal residents of the United States
- Applications include submitting your transcript, ACT score report, resume, short essay, and a letter of recommendation.
- GPA and ACT scores are the determining factor for eligibility for scholarship level
- For complete details and to apply go to https://www.mnmasoniccharities.org/what-wedo/scholarships/
CHRISTOPHERS’ POSTER CONTEST DEADLINE: 2/19
- First prize: $1,000, second prize: $500, third prize: $250
- The Christophers’ are a nonprofit organization founded in 1945 that uses the media to spread two basic ideas: There’s nobody like you, and you can make a difference.
- High school students in grades 9 through 12 are invited to enter the poster contest by creating a poster interpreting the theme “One Person Can Make a Difference”
- For more information and to apply go to https://scholarships360.org/the-christophers-postercontest/
SCHOLARS HELPING COLLARS SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 2/28
- One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded
- Applicants are full time high school seniors who love to help animals
- Submit 2-3 photos of volunteer efforts to help animals in need, and a 500 – 1,000 word essay about how helping animals changed your life or shaped your perception on the importance of animal welfare
- Apply at https://www.petplay.com/scholarship/
MINNESOTA ASSOCIATION OF COUNSELORS OF COLOR SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 3/1
- Multiple scholarship will be awarded ranging from $500 to $2,500
- Applicants must identify as a student of color and enroll at a MnACC member institution. Complete the scholarship application, including the required essay, and enrollment verification.
- If selected as a recipient, Apply at https://mnacc.org
MICROSOFT DISABILITY SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 3/15
- Up to $20,000 will be awarded.
- Applicants are high school seniors with a 3.0 or greater GPA, who are living with a disability, whether it be visual, hearing, mobility, cognitive, speech or other disability.
- Applicants must have a passion for technology and declare a major in engineering, computer
- science, computer information systems, law, business or a related field
- Apply at https://scholarships360.org/microsoft-disability-scholarship/
FRAME MY FUTURE SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 4/1
- One $5,000 award, one $1,000 award, and one $500 award, all receiving a custom diploma frame .
- Applicants are legal residents of the United States, planning to attend a U.S. college or university in the 2019-20 academic year, and “success-driven”
- Submit a photograph, collage, poem, drawing, painting, graphic design piece, and a short explanation of your entry
- For complete submission instructions please go to https://www.diplomaframe.com/contests/frame-my-future-scholarship-contest-2019/rules.aspx.
2019 CLEAN AIR CHOICE BIODIESEL SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: 4/19
- One $1,000 and one $500 scholarship will be awarded
- Applicants are high school seniors
- Submit a 1,000 words or less essay or brief video on the top of biodiesel
- Apply at http://www.cleanairchoice.org/fuels/scholarship2019.cfm
AYN RAND FOUNTAINHEAD ESSAY CONTEST DEADLINE: 4/25
- First prize: $10,000, three-second prizes: $2,500, five-third prizes: $500, fifty finalists: $50.
- This contest is open to 11th and 12th grade students
- Applicants have a choice of three different topics to write about. Essays will be judged on both style and content
- Application details can be found at https://scholarships360.org/the-ann-rand-fountainheadessay-contest/
VISIONARY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM DEADLINE: 5/1/2019
- Multiple Scholarships ranging from $1000-$5000.
- All high school students are qualified. (Freshman through Senior).
- Instructions: Complete application. Upload unofficial transcript. Write a 500 word essay on why college is important to you.
- Apply here: https://americancollegefoundation.org/college-planning-visionary-scholarship-register/.
UNCF AND US BANK SCHOLARSHIPS DEADLINE: Varies
- Aiming to establish a pipeline of college-educated professionals of color who are prepared to fill positions at Minnesota companies.
- Offering financial education, academic assistance, a $5,000 annual scholarship award, career preparation, paid internships and full employment opportunities post-graduation
- For more information go to http://www.uncf.org/
CHRISTIAN CONNECTOR SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: Monthly
- • $2,500 scholarship
- • Christian Connector is a great resource for students and families to learn about Christian colleges
- • Connect with 75 colleges and universities that have partnered with Christian Connector
- • Applicants are current high school freshman, sophomores and juniors
- • https://scholarships360.org/christian-connector-scholarship/
COLLEGEWEEKLIVE MONTHLY $1,000 SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: Monthly
- • CollegeWeekLive hosts online college fairs and events almost every day
- • To apply you must sign up for CollegeWeekLive and participate in a virtual event between the first and last day of the month, and visit at least five college pages
- • Award winners will be chosen randomly
- • Apply at https://scholarships360.org/collegeweeklive-monthly-1000-scholarship/
INNOVATION IN EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: Monthly
- • $500 scholarship awarded monthly to outstanding students who have made a difference in the lives of others in some innovative or technological fashion
- • Applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA, be a citizen, permanent resident of, or hold a valid student visa in the U.S.
- • Submit an essay describing the goal of your project and provide supporting documentation
- • Scholarship criteria and application can be found at https://scholarships360.org/innovation-education-scholarship-2/
CHEGG $1,000 MONTHLY SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: Monthly
- • Time to apply - two minutes responding to this question – “Who has had the biggest impact on who you have become today and why?”
- • All U.S. high school and college students are eligible
- • Apply at http://www.chegg.com/scholarships/chegg-1000-monthly-scholarship-september-2016/apply-2
SCHOLARSHIP OWL “YOU DESERVE IT” SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: Monthly
- • ScholarshipOwl is a platform designed to dramatically speed up scholarship application time
- • $1,000 scholarship
- • Applicants must be 16 or older
- • Apply at https://scholarships360.org/scholarshipowl-deserve-scholarship/
VARSITY TUTORS COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: Monthly
- • Varsity Tutors offers a $1000 scholarship for the best essay response to a specific prompt
- • Eligibility for this scholarship is limited to individuals who are at least 16 years of age
- • Write a well-crafted essay between 200 and 900 words responding to the monthly prompt
- • Apply at www.varsitytutors.com/college-scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP POINTS $10,000 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM DEADLINE: Monthly
- • Eligible applicants are students who are interested in continuing their education
- • Apply monthly at https://www.scholarshippoints.com
COURAGE TO GROW SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: Monthly
- • $500 scholarships
- • The Courage to Grow Scholarship helps students achieve their higher education goals. By taking away some of the concerns such as “how will I pay for college,” students can concentrate on their education and focus on the task at hand.
- • Applicants are juniors or seniors in high school who have a GPA of 2.5 or better
- • The application includes a 250 words or less essay explaining why you believe you should be awarded this scholarship
- • Apply at https://scholarships360.org/courage-to-grow-scholarship-2/
NICHE $2,000 “NO ESSAY” COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: Monthly
- • Monthly winners, chosen randomly
- • No essay or transcripts required
- • Two minute application
- • https://colleges.niche.com/cpscholarships/
$1,000 CAPPEX EASY COLLEGE MONEY SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: Monthly
- • Monthly $1,000 scholarship from Cappex whose motto is “College Search Made Simple”
- • To be eligible for this scholarship, students must be enrolled or planning to enroll in school in the next calendar year. This includes college/university students, community college students, and those pursuing online degrees
- • Transcripts and GPA, recommendations or essays are not considered for this scholarship
- • Scholarships are offered monthly - If you don’t win, try, try again!
- • Apply at https://scholarships360.org/1000-cappex-easy-college-money-scholarship/
Check out these awesome scholarship sites: