For over 20 years West Lutheran High School has offered a 2-week European educational experience. This experience is offered to parents, students, teachers, and past alumni alike as it takes you to selected countries of Europe. Along the way the fun educational content that is experienced includes the plethora of sounds, tastes, sights, and smells of the different European cultures in a 2-week whirlwind tour. Anywhere from England to France to Italy to Greece, The West Lutheran European trips are essentially a classroom on the move that helps enhance the educational journey well beyond your 4 years of high school at West Lutheran.
You can sign up on the ACIS website
under the Paths of Civilization
Group ID: 54994
Code: 603 POC MSP
LEARNING OBJECTIVES - Paths of Civilization:
- The Roman Empire unearthed from its ruins
- Classical architecture as linked to neo-classic London, Paris, and the Vatican
- The birthplace of Western civilization on Greek soil
European Trip Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who's in charge of the trip? The trip is led by the world-renown travel company ACIS & Mr. Merl Meitner whom has vast experience in the area of world travel.
2. When is the trip offered? The trip takes place the spring of even years (2010, 2012, 2014, etc.), leaving the week after graduation.
3. What are the accommodations? Minimum 4-star accommodations in all the places the group stays.
4. What is the cost of the trip? The cost depends on the tour taken. Past trips have been in the range of $5,000-$6,000.
5. What is all included with the cost of the trip? Airfare, hotels, transportation (bus/train/cruise ship), 2 meals per day, and most major sights and walking tours.
6. Can I get academic credit? Yes, a 0.5 social studies credit is earned through the extensive keeping of a detailed journal which is then handed in to the group leader at the the end of the trip.
7. What about security? ACIS has a 24-hour global support network in case of any emergency.
8. Is there insurance? Yes, there's a basic protection plan which provides medical coverage and insurance.
9. Do we have a guide through the entire trip? Yes, ACIS provides the service of a tour manager. This is a highly trained, multilingual guide, educator, and travel expert who provides educational commentary and activities in addition to managing the travel logistics.